The key objective of the client was to onboard a vendor who can provide 24x7x365 SOC services in a dedicated delivery model.
About the Client
The client isthe largest airline and flag carrier of the United Arab Emiratesbased in Garhoud, Dubai.It is also the largest airline in the Middle East, operating over 3,600 flights per week from Dubai International Airport, to more than 150 cities in 80 countries across six continents through its fleet of nearly 300 aircraft.
The customer and its partner were looking for a vendor to provide 24x7x365 security support services. The customer had a variety of security technologies for which they wanted the vendor to provide operations support through a dedicated Security Operations Center. The customer did not have the required skilled resources to support its vast landscape 24x7x365. The lack of defined process and readily available information made the security operations more challenging in already troubled operations.
Partnering with the customer, Coforge successfully helped in transforming the security operations for the customer and facilitated implementation of key initiatives to improve the audit and compliance ratings. Coforge’s solution included:
- Transition plan of 2 months to understand the customer environment, policies and processes. During transition, Coforge identifiedvarious challenges in the customer environment and helped them in implementing key security initiatives with a view to address those challenges.
- Coforge helped the customer in standardizing its environment by driving initiatives with an aim to bring uniformity in the tool landscape and enhance security.
- Defined security SOPs and run books for the customer for BAU. Coforge also helped in creating a centralized SOP repository.
- Coforge helped the client in implementing the technologies to automate repeatable processes.
- Implemented ITIL v3 based IT Service management & Quality assurance.
- Provided the customer and partner, a secure environment by providing Cybersecurity services 24*7 through a dedicated Security Operations Center.
- Centralized the L2 & L3 cyber security services that were previously non-existent& provided support on 21 different technologies.
Delivering more value:
- Defined 90 SOPs and delivered 15 run books for the customer.
- Reviewed 207,146 PCIDSS compliance rules and removed 45,000+ redundant rules removed in 2 months with zero downtime.
- Migrated 30,000 users to new MFA, 80+ locations to new VPN with zero incidents.
- Implemented key initiatives to increase audit ratings.