Organizations of all sizes are using integration technology to transform their business, market, and industry at an increasing pace. Integration strategy adoption isn’t a one-size-fits-all scenario. Migration Playbook can provide an adaptable tool to manage all phases of your transformation with collaborative, automated, and data-driven capabilities.
What is Migration Playbook?
A collaborative solution that enables business and technical teams to build the assets & processes that are used in large-scale migration to manage all phases of transformations for integration adoption. Migration playbook supports:
- Business case development and strategic alignment
- Application assessment surveys, data gathering notes, and technical discovery inventories
- Reference architectures, standards, and solution architectures
- Wave scheduling and resource planning
- Task assignments, issue management, learnings knowledge base
Why customers use Migration Playbook
- Enables collaboration between business users and technical teams -integrating data across multiple systems of record
- Automates deployments using customer-specific templates and architecture standards
- Increases business value by prioritizing activities and issue resolution
There are several aspects that an organization formulates while adopting a newer platform that resonates with its business objectives & is in line with its strategic roadmap.
- Understand overall TCO that indicates long-term cost savings
- Migration effort involved
- Key considerations around infrastructure costs, cloud computing
- Technologies that are used within a federated organization
- Product roadmap & its support period
Coforge has devised a robust methodology and developed tools, and accelerators to help organizations drive smoother transformations, De-Risking migration initiatives by providing the most considerations prior to starting the transformation journey. There are several tool kits available for Coforge customers to embark on the migration journey:
- iEval – Integration Platform Evaluation Framework - The principle aim of this framework is to evaluate, compare and select the right platform for integration and API management based on enterprise business requirements
- Migration Readiness Tool Kit - Anticipate risks, costs, necessary processes & potential migration paths. The Migration Readiness solution is a structured, in-depth analysis of the workload being migrated. It asks a series of detailed questions to prepare customers for seamless migration. By following this self-guided checklist, we can ensure no important detail goes overlooked
- Migration Automation Utilities - Automation comprises toolsets and utilities for repetitive tasks leading to reduced development time, quality deliverables, and accelerated time to market.
- Migration Methodology – A well-drafted phase-wise migration strategy that starts with a pilot MVP mindset based on customers’ real scenarios taking a hybrid approach into consideration and at the same time focusing on consumption & revenue. Then make frequent, incremental improvements based on the feedback solicited from businesses and clients by starting rolling out the product into the hands of customers.