Data Warehousing for Commercial Operations can be a challenge to manage; having the right partner is key. A US-based pharmaceutical company had implemented a SaaS-based Commercial Data Warehouse system and was facing a variety of challenges from a solution, partner, cost, and delivery perspective. To assist, Coforge, with our deep Data & Analytics expertise, migrated the client off the SaaS platform to a new, modern platform, implemented a managed service model, and initiated introduction of features from the backlog requests.
About the Client
US Pharmaceutical company with a focus on CNS market
The client was having numerous challenges with a SaaS-based Commercial Data Warehouse solution that was supporting all core Commercial Operations business processes. Challenges included:
- Fully outsourced model with no ability to implement enhancements outside of SaaS vendor.
- Long lead times and high costs for enhancements
- Lack of basic functional capabilities necessary for a Life Science company
- Limited architecture and data model that did not support all business use cases.
- High number of defects with lack of transparency around root cause and resolution
- Data integration issues with providing and consuming partners/applications
- Slow response for information and service requests
- Significant time/cost required for vendor management.
- Lack of complete and proper documentation
Phase I (complete)
- Quick migration to new client-owned, modern, high performance Coforge Data Warehouse platform
- Platform technology architecture (high-level):
- Microsoft Azure Data Factory infrastructure
- PySpark data pipelines
- Snowflake database
- Expanded, flexible data model.
- Qlik for Reporting & Analytics
- Migration to Coforge for managed services to provide full DevOps support.
- Increase support coverage including onsite presence.
- New base QC framework to address data integration/quality issues.
Phase II (in process)
- Iterative build-out of required feature backlog.
- High performing, modern Commercial Data Warehouse
- Significantly reduced turnaround time and cost for enhancements
- Reduced time for service requests and incidents resolution.
- Regular updates on service requests, incidents, enhancements to key stakeholders
- Increased communication and reduced issue resolution time