Supply Chain Management (SCM) and financial accounting can be a challenge for any pharmaceutical company; combine this with new IT systems and this was the challenge our client was facing. A US-based pharmaceutical company had newly implemented SAP S4 HANA & ARIBA systems and was having challenges managing the systems. To assist, Coforge, with our deep SAP/ARIBA and domain expertise, optimized and streamlined business processes, and initiated provided managed services for technical operations.
About the Client
US Pharmaceutical company with a focus on CNS and decades of experience in R&D. The client is part of a global conglomerate.
The client was evaluating partners to provide managed services for their newly implemented SAP & ARIVA systems, with intent to address some key challenges:
- Delays in Invoicing and payment processing, leading to escalations from vendors.
- Increased overhead for Accounts Payable team.
- Lack of streamlined process for user issue resolution
Coforge, with our deep SAP/ARIBA and domain experience, and our customer focused engagement methodologies, proposed a rounded solution to address the client’s challenges. Key points included:
- Setup Service Desk to support end users in getting their issues logged and resolved.
- Implemented SLA-based Managed Services model for technical operations leveraging offshore-based team of experienced SAP and ARIBA consultants; team covered EST time zone.
- Quick transition of services using Coforge Service Transition Framework
- Hypercare support from Day 1
- Automated select processes via iterated delivery.
Delivering more value
- Increased customer satisfaction with quick resolution of failed invoices and other issues
- Significant reduction in resolution time and increase in cost benefit through SLA-based support.
- Increased business efficiency through implemented process automation