The everyday work of mobile employees at the Deutsche Bahn involves a lot of information exchange and documentation. This information (Work orders, shift schedules, Documents, guidelines etc) is usually created and processed by various IT systems and when it eventually reaches the employees, it is generally in an analog format (either paper or oral). The employee responds to this information by filling up documentation which is then sent back to various information sources. This is both time consuming and also inefficient
In a digital first enabled world, businesses across all industries are required to create new experiences to connect directly with their consumers on their terms. Our customers expect us to know them and deliver awe inspiring experiences when, where and when they need them. We have engaged and deliver great experiences to their staff at every touch points. This help streamline their operational capabilities, save their time and improve productivity.
We have used a Mobile app factory model and a proven “Distributed Global Agile Framework”, which has been developed to deliver exceptional experiences with Speed, Scalability and Certainty in the product development process. This framework ensures fast and robust factory based mobile app delivery, shorter time to market, reduced cost, improved reliability and staying current. To deliver speed, scalability and certainty, transformation is based on the five dimensions, which are Process, Infrastructure, Automation, Architecture and People & Culture. In the overall engagement we have enabled Enterprise Mobility by building more than 10+ mobile apps.
About the client
The DB Systel GmbH is a provider of information and telecommunications services of the Deutsche Bahn. We work with DB Systel GmbH on the IT and telecommunications infrastructure projects of Deutsche Bahn AG .
The everyday work of mobile employees at the Deutsche Bahn involves a lot of information exchange and documentation. This information (Work orders, shift schedules, Documents, guidelines etc) is usually created and processed by various IT systems and when it eventually reaches the employees, it is generally in an analog format (either paper or oral). The employee responds to this information by filling up documentation which is then sent back to various information sources. This is both time consuming and also inefficient.
Coforge was entrusted with the task of developing an mobile app delivery model that could house the these enterprise apps catalogue and also work in offline mode to facilitate employees (drivers, technicians, etc.) on-the-move. With our deep understanding of the travel and logistics domain and vast experience in creating solutions in the app ecosystem, we were able to deliver value—a superior mobile app factory model integrated with innovation model.
The solution brings together information from distributed information sources and allows collated consumption of information on a mobile device. The solution aims to improve and optimize workflows of the mobile employees. The individual employee receives on his/her tablet all the needed information at the right time in the right place so he/she is qualified to carry out his work and to report updated information directly back to the respective system.
Coforge was chosen as the solution partner and integrator for the mobile app development based on our capability to deliver digital initiatives and our prior experience in similar engagements for clients worldwide.
As the prime solution integrator, we undertook overall responsibility for the project to ensure smooth delivery. The Coforge team applied best practices and setup mobile app factory and innovation. Using our Proven Distributed Agile Delivery model, Coforge has been successful in meeting multiple stringent timelines and SLAs for delivering quality system to the customer.
Following are the highlights:
- A Cross Functional Team was setup for Joint Application Design (user stories, data model, UI design, Architecture)
- Development of applications on Android tablet for displaying, local storage and processing of information from back-end systems, such as document management, disposition or information systems.
- Development of Gateway for forwarding the requests for information between applications and defined back-end systems.
- Connectors as technical and functional interface between back-end systems of the customer and the Gateway.
- Performance testing and Regression automation.
Delivering More Value
- Offshore-Onsite Engagement:Coforge vast experience of setting up right set of Offshore-Onsite processes was utilized to redesign the collaboration processes which drastically improved the delivery schedule. The offshore team’s functional competencies ensured that gaps in the requirement were caught during requirement discussion, avoiding expensive rework later.
- ‘Quality First’ Motto:Multiple Quality awards won by various projects:
- Best ‘Service Provider 2015 Award out of 26 global , local, nearshore vendors
- Winning 4 awards in 5 years on global scale, competing with the best in the industry
- 4.9 CSS rating awarded by a client hired Consultant
- Domain Expertise:Strong competition in transport & logistic business needs to be addressed via smart mobility solutions
- Innovation as a Service:For collaborative innovation, Coforge Technology Innovation Center (TIC) will participate in all workshops and help the project teams in developing the POCs based on the ideation.