NFC Mobile SDK
Enabling Mobile Devices to enhance experience and reduce inbound call volumes.
This innovative solution is designed to help businesses streamline their customer onboarding process and increase customer engagement through cross-selling. The SDK is easy to integrate with mobile applications and provides a seamless user experience for customers.
NFC stands for Near Field Communication, which is a type of technology that allows for wireless communication between two devices that are in close proximity to each other. In the context of banking, NFC cards are debit or credit cards that use NFC technology to enable contactless payments. These cards can be used for quick and secure transactions at retail stores by simply holding the card near a contactless payment terminal. The transaction is completed wirelessly and securely, without the need for a physical card insertion or signature.
In addition to contactless payments, we can use NFC to enhance customer experience at various touch points like self-boarding when a new card is received (without the need for assistance from a bank representative or other means). This can be done securely and effectively through a bank's mobile app and a user having a NFC enabled mobile. The process of self-onboarding typically involves the following steps:
- Downloading the bank's mobile app.
- Creating a new account or logging into an existing account.
- Tapping the NFC card on a mobile device.
- Verifying identity and providing necessary information to activate the NFC card.
Once the card is activated, there could be other touch points interactions possible when the user tap on mobile device such as:
- Inform user about why his last transaction was declined (if it was declined)
- Help user to activate international transactions (if abroad)
- Cross sell other products/services offered by bank
To enable this we have created a solution accelerator “NFC mobile SDK” which is available for iOS and Android. The mobile SDK reads NFC, exchange NDEF data securely, and can be integrated with the existing bank mobile app.
- Mobile SDK can be integrated to existing bank app (available for iOS and Android)
- Integration capability to securely connect with Card provider and Bank Card Management System (CMS) platform
- Secure authentication The self-onboarding process includes identity verification and authentication steps to ensure the security of the customer's information and transactions.
- Ability to add more touch points over time
- Digital engagement platform with personalization and marketing capabilities
- White labelled solution to support multi-geo capability
- Multi-lingual support
- Convenience: Customers use banking services at their own pace and from the comfort of their own home.
- Cost-effective: NFC self-onboarding can help banks reduce costs associated with traditional customer onboarding processes.
- Improved customer experience: By offering a convenient and efficient self-onboarding process, banks can improve the overall customer experience and increase customer satisfaction.
- Increased adoption: By making it easy and convenient for customers to enroll for NFC-enabled services, banks can increase adoption of these services and drive growth in the use of contactless payments and other NFC-enabled services.
- Cross selling of ancillary products/services: Form time to time customers can be shown new products
- Reduced time to market, get up and running in 2 months