Health Check - Integration Migration Readiness Assessor
Anticipate risks, cost, necessary processes & potential migration paths
The Health check Solution is a structured, in-depth analysis of the workload being migrated to Kong. It asks a series of detailed questions to prepare you for seamless migration. By following this self-guided checklist, you can ensure no important detail goes overlooked.
- Contains master list of all possible APIM capabilities & features
- Identification of in-scope items based on customer requirements
- Clear demarcation of features that can be automated
- Identification and mapping of existing policies with corresponding Kong plugins
- Summary indicating migration complexity , effort & overall migration duration needed
Preparing For Migration Using Health Check
- Know client’s business case & API needs
- Understand features & capabilities that client uses & feed into the Health Check utility
- Mark items that are in-scope for migration
- Rate the complexity of each in-scope items between 1-3
- Give score between 1-3 for level of automation achieved to accelerate migration
- Adjust the value of ‘multiplier’ based on no of APIs, environments to be built
- The utility will calculate the complexity score that helps customers immediately know about the level of migration required to move to newer platform
- It also provides an indicative effort to understand the overall duration and cost of migration
- Presents clear demarcation between easy to do tasks vs any risks/blockers that needs attention
Schedule workshop for running Health Check to assess the migration readiness with required attendance from IT teams.
Facilitate discussions by using a Coforge-Kong aligned set of questions to guide the conversation.
Analyze the gathered information, document observations, and determine next steps.
Schedule and conduct a debrief.