As CIOs and CDOs are leading efforts to support their Businesses during & after the Covid disruption, some of the challenges in the legacy Data platforms have become more prominent.
- Inability to quickly scale capacity based on market conditions.
- Large maintenance & operations costs - Hardware, license, DBA & Application support
- Lack of support for Agile development needs to be driven by Digital Transformation
The leading cloud data platforms from Azure & AWS offer a compelling & ever-maturing value proposition to overcome these challenges. This coupled with increased pressure on Capex & Opex costs has accelerated the CIO’s need to embark on a Data Modernization Journey
Typically, in our experience, Enterprises who have invested in cloud data modernization journeys have realized payback in the same year leading to -
- Reduction in IT Infrastructure & Product license costs of up to 50%
- A decrease in Data Platform Maintenance & Operations costs of up to 30%.
- Improvement in Agile Development productivity with faster release cycles from an average of 6 months to 4 weeks.
Coforge Data & Analytics practice can help in shaping & executing the Cloud Data modernization journey with
- An Assessment Framework - to discover & identify the right implementation approach.
- Modernize Studio – a Coforge solution to accelerate the modernization via built-in templates, automation, Governance & best practices.
Modernize Studio enables Cloud Data modernization by
Lift & Shift or Modernize from On-Premise to Cloud - Modernize Studio has built-in automation of schema, code & data migration. E.g. Migration of an on-premise Teradata solution to AWS Redshift.
Template-driven Data Engineering Platform - A template-driven Data engineering platform to rapidly build a data platform with robust governance and monitoring.
Multiple-use cases with a single pane of control - A one-stop modernization solution to handle multiple use cases – Data Archival, Fast Data migration, Data modernization adaptable to all leading cloud platforms.
Key Customer success stories
- Legacy DW Platform Modernization to AWS Redshift - A leading UK based Media company moved a large Oracle based DW Platform to AWS Redshift in 6 months leveraging NIIT’s Modernize Studio.
- EDW modernization to AWS - APAC based aviation service customer has moved their entire BI and EDW platform to AWS based cloud data solutions saving around 30% Platform Opex costs.
- Legacy DW Platform Modernization to Azure SQL Server DW - A US-based Entertainment company moved a large Teradata based Platform to Azure SQL Server DW in 8 months leveraging Modernize Studio’s capabilities to automate schema & code translation.
- Enterprise DWH modernization to AWS & Snowflake - NIIT is helping a large UK based P&C insurance company to modernize its SQL server-based EDW platform to AWS and snowflake based solution.