A global leader in chauffeured services, the client was looking to leverage the capabilities of digital transformation. From delivering premium experiences to creating new sales channels - the client required a partner that would help them meet their business objectives. Coforge helped the client transform their ground transportation business with a revamped mobile application for chauffeurs, real-time integration with the travel agent application, and created several digital channels for its customers.
About the Client
The client is a global leader in chauffeured services, providing full-service solutions for the world's most discerning travelers - spanning over 1000 cities worldwide, 1000+ fleet size, and covering over 5Mn trips in a year.
Under competitive pressure, the client wanted to embrace digital all across its business. The main objectives of the client included:
- Deliver a premium experience to its tech-savvy customers
- Create new sales channels by leveraging web and mobile technology
- Increase the revenue base by addressing new market segments of retail and B2B customers
- Enhance distribution channels
- Add customer intimacy features in alignment with industry
- Increase productivity to reduce the cost of operations
Coforge consulted and assessed the client on its digital maturity model and implemented a comprehensive digital strategy that included the revamp of the mobile application for chauffeurs, real-time integration with the travel agent application, and the creation of several digital channels for customers.
- As-Is Evaluation
- Strategic initiatives mapping to core systems & applications
- Development methodology
- Application architecture
- Gap Analysis
- Application portfolio assessment
- IT strategy and organization design
- Plan for strategic initiatives and application changes
- Identification of key steps and processes
- Business case refinement
- Branding for website and mobile
- Prioritize automation opportunities
- Implement digital transformation – build and integrate web and mobile tools for customers, chauffeurs, greeters, and dispatchers
- Responsive website and multi-browser support
- GPS tracking of chauffers
- Use of Google Places API to get accurate location
- Rich feature set like – real-time flight update, real-time messaging from dispatcher to chauffer, toll, and other expense information
- iOS and Android platforms for mobile
- Architect and develop APIs and integrate with GDS and aggregators enabling the client to distribute the inventory through new B2B partners
- Developed a Sabre Red App that is bundled and deployed on Sabre Red Marketplace
- Our implementation allowed travel agents to book our client’s services from their Sabre Red Workspace and add the ground segment to an existing Air Segment PNR or a new PNR.
Coforge created algorithms for acquired knowledge and automate processes to reduce cost, prevent erroneous booking and increase productivity - leading to a 95% decrease in erroneous bookings.
Coforge was also involved with a consulting engagement with the client to explore the impact of digitization on global contact center operations (generating 50% of revenues) and how digitization can help improve overall efficiency and customer service. The main focus of this consulting engagement was on:
- Reduction of the average cost per call handled by the contact center
- Identify key and critical tasks that require human intervention compared to other service tasks to automate without impacting revenue and customer service
- The scope of automation and digitization for tasks, like cancellation can help reduce the burden on the contact center
- Leaner contact center operations
Delivering more value:
- Improved its reach to a large number of customers and travel arrangers using digital channels and integration with a leading travel agent.
- Enabled channel shift in online bookings by 4 times, thus, substantially reduced help desk costs
- Seamless customer experience between multiple channels – call centers, mobile, web.
- Improved passenger experience throughout the commute and optimized fleet management using mobile-first and personalization initiatives
- 80% of trip dispatched automatically, resulting in an annual saving of approximately 1M
- New sales channel enabled – Sabre RED, allowing direct bookings by GDS agents