Customer has 20+ vendors managing different service components and applications. Due to a multi-vendor environment and unaligned supplier behaviors, there was an unstable environment with unreliable IT services. Governance mechanism to monitor and manage supplier performance and behaviors was not effective. There were many complaints from Business about poor quality of services.
Customer engaged Coforge as their SIAM partner (Service Integrator) to manage multiple service providers and increase the reliability and performance of IT services.
Coforge implemented a SIAM operating model that was customized for the customer’s specific requirements.
About the Client
A high-speed international train operator between UK and Europe.
- Lack of transparency between service providers (each supplier had its own agenda)
- Complex accountability between the suppliers
- Barrier to innovation (multi-vendor coordination for realizing innovation was lacking)
- Differences between service providers (SLAs, contracts, tools, reporting)
- Issues with clear responsibilities and escalation path
- Complexity of integrations
- Finger pointing on service disruption
- Inconsistent supplier governance and performance management practices
Coforge implemented a SIAM operating model with specific governance capability to monitor and manage suppliers' performance and behaviors.
The following activities were performed:
- We worked proactively and collaboratively with the customer and suppliers to ensure delivery of high-quality, end-to-end business-aligned IT services
- Took ownership of monitoring performance, coordination activities, and managing the interfaces between multiple suppliers
- Developed and implemented a common service vision, governance standards, end-to-end service metrics, and ensured alignment of objectives
- Put in place a clear governance model to manage interdependencies
- Ensured that contractual SLAs were aligned with the business needs
- Implemented and institutionalized Service Management processes, using service management tool
- Implemented a highly successful real-time CIO dashboard reporting on Service Management, including individual supplier’s performance
- Periodic review of supplier contracts to keep them aligned with business needs
Delivering More Value
- Reduced tickets from 2200 to 1800 per month through automation
- 50% reduction in P1/P2 incidents
- Improved service availability and operational performance through improved supplier collaboration and reduced service outages
- Improved supplier SLA compliance
- Integrated set of tolls to provide complete visibility and traceability
- Executive dashboards for end-to-end service and performance reporting
- Met customer’s business demand in an agile manner by rapidly onboarding and offboarding suppliers/services
- Continuously automated processes throughout the engagement, an example being the implementation of RPA with the Service Desk