The client approached Coforge for legacy modernization while working with limited resources and without upsetting compliance. We undertook migration to Duck Creek technology, implemented various projects across the LoBs, provided technology support, and managed all the QA activities. The solution we provided resulted in significant cost savings, increased productivity, and quality assurance.
About the Client
A leader in the field of property and casualty insurance, the client is among the top 100 insurance organizations in the US. They offer a wide range of commercial and personal coverage products. The company is a nationally recognized insurer for various specialized markets, including graphic communications industry coverage and error and omissions coverage for insurance agents and brokers.
The client wanted to upgrade to a new platform that supports customized products and services to deliver more value to both partners and customers. The key objective was enabling implementation of newer technology despite scarcity of niche resources. Five key challenges faced by the client were:
- Migrating legacy systems to Duck Creek without impacting compliance
- Working with the unavailability of documentation for existing systems
- Automating regression testing
- Improving application performance
- Reducing operational complexities, increasing efficiencies, enhancing business agility, boosting productivity, empowering distribution partners, and improving customer satisfaction.
Over the period of our engagement, we provided an entire spectrum of development and maintenance services using the dual shore model. Our offshore and onsite teams worked together to implement and add new policies, and convert policy management system for the required LoBs. We were also engaged to provide quality assurance services to the client across the entire gamut of functional areas. The key highlights of the solution were:
- Mainframe-based policy administration applications (Enterprise COBOL, CICS, IMS)
- Duck Creek Technologies (DCT)-based policy administration application (DCT, XSLT, Exstream) with SME level capabilities
- Data, feature, and function mapping
- Manuscript Inheritance model setup
- Rating implementation
- Interface integration
- Forms and print integration
- Conversion renewal
- End-to-end testing
- Standard QA best practices and processes implementation leveraging CMMI Level 5 templates
- Consolidation and development of central, maintainable, traceable, and reusable test case repository
- Increased test coverage leading to prevention of defect leakage in production environment
- Production support across all LoBs
- Cross-training of resources in multiple applications
- Support for Base Implementation
- Automation-led monthly release management
Delivering More Value
- More Productivity: Automation of both daily and periodic tasks increased productivity by 15-20%.
- More Cost Savings: Implementation of several cost-cutting tools resulted in increased savings.
- More Efficiency: Increased test coverage led to higher efficiency by preventing defect leakage in production environment.
- More Time Savings: A saving of about 30 hours per month was recorded through innovative DCT implementation.