About the Client
The client is a leading international specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance.
Our client is running Italian Surety business from London market. This business was facing operational challenges with their current 3rd Party application. The existing application was not stable and was not able to support the growing needs and changes of business and was running risk of being Brexit non-compliant. Additionally, the current system had lot of regression issues due to any change or rollout of new functionalities. The current portal restricts the user to perform any activity in parallel when the user downloads the document. The portal does not have omnichannel capability. Reconciliation of payment was a manually task that lead to error and increased time to market.
- Migrate Mendix based surety portal to Sitecore platform.
- Provide scalable architecture
- Multisite capabilities and multilingual support
- Modular approach to rollout new modules and functionalities quickly.
- Integration via Biztalk server APIs to push data to GSA application and generate documents based upon 80 different templates
- Business rules implementation e.g. max sum insured per bond by subline of business
- Approval workflow – (approval by Underwriter)
- The system should send notifications via email on document generation
Coforge proactively worked with our client’s CIO and his team, to document these challenges in a business case and proposed to re-platform and migrate the solution to the Sitecore based strategic platform. Some of the salient features of the solutions are:
- Scalable: Sitecore provides scalable solution where different roles like content delivery, authoring, reporting, search engine can be deployed on different servers. Sitecore supports both on-premise and cloud hosting solutions.
- Modular Approach: Sitecore supports modular development by which new functionalities can be rolled out to production quickly.
- Mobile Friendly: Sitecore supports both responsive and adaptive design. The proposed solution would be based upon Mobile first design principles.
- Multi-site capabilities: The single instance of Sitecore supports multiple sites which would help our client to manage all these sites centrally with appropriate roles.
- Customized Dashboard: Sitecore provides functionality to create different dashboards for different roles like: Admin, Underwriter, Agency, Brokers
- Multilingual support: Sitecore provides multilingual support out of the box and the solution will use these features to provide content in Italian and English languages.
- Automated Build and Deployment
- Analytics & Monitoring: Sitecore has inbuilt analytics engine which captures every user interaction and then provides meaningful reports to business teams.
- Email functionalities: The Sitecore platform provides convenient way to send transactional and marketing emails to the users. This feature would be used to send notifications on document generation.
Delivering More Value
- Brought stability and growth in the business - New business grew by 20% in the first year
- Reduced client’s IT Operational costs by half a mil USD (.5)
- Brought operational efficiency by means of intelligent automation. For e.g. Generate digitally signed automated documents in 283 + flavors
- Decreased processing time from few days to few minutes. For e.g. automation of renewals and financial reconciliation
- Helped in achieving regulatory Compliance with ontime Brexit implementation, without which they could not continue to run their business.