About the Client
A leading US-based travel and transportation company, providing services across the globe, over a period of last 25 years.
- Organization’s data sources/applications were spread across public clouds and on-prem Datacentres. There was no single system which could provide the readily available information for any requirement.
- The APM solutions available in the market were expensive with respect to license cost and ongoing maintenance.
- Customer wanted a simple yet robust system which could be developed quickly without involving high licensing cost, development cycle and which could align with long-term strategic platforms like Office365.
- Advanced features like Chatbot, AI capabilities, Low code solutions, document/content management capabilities and light weight BPM solutions for backend processes were needed.
- Dependence on offline capabilities due to intermittent availability of internet connectivity.
Power Platform Implementation
Our solution was developed using Microsoft’s Power Platform which is part of client’s existing Office365 setup.
This allowed the client to aggregate all their platform information in place, quickly respond to suggested platform for any new or existing requirements and more importantly, at controlled costs.
- A 12-week long project using an iterative (Agile) methodology to develop the APM solution on Power Platform, a cloud-based solution.
- Well defined information architecture for all hardware, software & network information.
- Current and upcoming requirements for different platforms and client needs.
- Ensuring non-functional requirements to comply with the solution needs on:
- Information architecture set-up for entire solution.
- Backend workflows solution for several automations like expiration, renewals, notifications, approval activities etc.
- Managing information like general, business, technology, cost, vendor details for each platform/application.
- Integration with internal systems like JD Edwards, Active directory and few other enterprise systems.
- Automated AI-based prediction/solution recommendation for any given requirements, e.g. database, storage requirement for over 10000 users etc.
- Chatbot-based information sharing.
Benefits Delivered to the Client
- Latest technological solution that gives enhanced end-user experience and all the platform information using one simple interface.
- Utilizing client’s existing Office 365 platform to minimize license cost and training needs to end users.
- Quick development- product rollout time was less (reduced by 50%) due to low code nature of solution.
- UI responsive application to support all major devices.
- Native mobile app (i.e. iOS and Android) support using Microsoft Teams, Power App, Power Automate and SharePoint.
- Integration – Seamless integration to all the internal and enterprise solutions with 800+ Power platform connectors.
- Scalable solution as Azure & SharePoint based storage, Microsoft Dataverse entities and security model allow scalability of the solution whenever required.
- Deployment automation using Azure Devops for Power platform.
- Power Platform-based APM solution for managing all internal platform/applications on cloud and on-premises.
- Integration with internal information systems.
- AI processing and prediction on different platforms information available on APM system.
- Usage monitoring is done at application and platform level
- Power Virtual agent (PVA) Chatbot to provide the information on platforms based on user inputs.