The client is a global insurance, retirements and employee benefits provider with 6000 employees and 13.8 million customers. It had revenue $ USD 8.5 billion for 2018 and $547 billion total assets under management.
- Reduce Mainframe footprint in Claims Applications with modern and strategic solutions:
- Consolidate four different claims mainframe applications.
- Decommission the legacy Employee Benefits Claim applications and divert the interfaces to new the claim system
- Align systems to Company’s IT roadmap by using new and emerging technologies (ETL, SFDC Cloud, Oracle financials):
- Replace the system with Salesforce Database.
- Divert multiple interfaces such as product configurator, workflow, reporting & manual entries to the target system
- Employee Benefits – Claims Applications:
- Multiple redundant and obsolete legacy Claims Applications for Employee Benefits.
- These applications could not be integrated with latest technology in the industry.
- Employee Benefits – FasTracker Application:
- The existing application FasTracker was on Sybase platform. It maintained employee benefit sales and premium data for reporting purpose.
- Maintenance of FasTracker application involved high costs, time and efforts
- Duplicate data across multiple systems lead to data inconsistency in reports.
- No consolidated Sales/Premium/Product/ Coverage details available at one place.
- Consolidation of four Claims Mainframe Applications involving 25 key integration points.
- Decommission of FasTracker (Power builder) and Sybase database and move everything to existing Salesforce application.
- Replaced legacy Mainframe Cobol jobs with Informatica jobs with significant performance improvement.
- Migration of Active data from IBM DB2 database to Oracle using Informatica. Historical
- Data Archival to Hadoop using Sqoop utility
- 25 sales and in-force premium reports migrated to Salesforce involving 13 integration points .
- Designed and Developed unified Claims ODS database in Oracle.
Applications in Scope:
- Four Claim Applications:
- IBM Mainframe – COBOL, JCL, DB2
- One FasTracker application
- Power builder
The Impact – Amplifying Outcomes
- Operating Cost of 4 Legacy Systems of $ 11.5k brought to zero (due to decommissioning)
- Consolidation of Claims Applications and FasTracker to Salesforce resulting in recurring cost reduction of $650k (approx.) YoY
- Retirement of 13 EB applications to reduce and simplify EB Application portfolio
- Digital alignment with new accounting software – Oracle financials and SFDC
- Introduction of emerging technologies to enhance interfacing & reporting capabilities through ETL and Analytics
- Integrated EB’s Sales Reporting process into Salesforce.com Employee Benefits platform
- Elimination of redundant business process and Reduce legacy footprint - Mainframe, DB2,
- PowerBuilder, Sybase
- Replaced older, non-strategic reporting technologies called Actuate and Hyperion Intelligence