To gain an edge over the competition, organizations today need to keep up with the velocity of technological change. DevOps adoption can certainly help in reaching the needed agility. However, measuring and understanding the current state baseline is critical and that is why the client, a leading technology provider in air transport industry, approached us. Our solution provided clear visibility to the client along with enhanced productivity and improved baseline performance.
About the Client
The client is a leading technology provider in air transport industry. They have multiple products catering to Passenger Solutions, Airport Management, and Airline Operations.
The client wanted a valid and reliable DevOps Model and Assessment framework to understand the DevOps maturity of various products. They also wanted to be able to organize and prioritize the change activities that must happen in order to embed new ways of working into the cultural fabric of the company. This was important to deal with the increasing rate of change in today’s complex business environment that demands more value in less time. The trifold objectives of the client were:
- A mechanism to identify DevOps maturity for each product
- Faster DevOps Assessment across Portfolios
- Optimization of processes and ensuring benchmarking to industry standards
We undertook a consultative assignment to develop a specific DevOps model and Assessment framework. Below model depicts the practices and maturity levels basis which an assessment framework was developed.
The key features of the solution were:
- (People, Process, Tools) and maturity levels in line with client DevOps charter.
- Leverage best practices to develop assessment framework with weightages and automated maturity score calculation.
- Provide single pane visibility of DevOps maturity score for each practice for all portfolios and products with traceability of historical data.
DevOps Assessment Dashboard
Delivering More Value
- More Productivity: Up to 80% forecasted improvement in executing DevOps assessment.
- More Baseline Performance: Real time reconciliation of maturity across products in line with industry standards.
- More Visibility: Immediate visibility of product alignment to practice through a uniform model, helping management to target investment areas.