To gain an edge over their competition and provide better customer service and experience, hotels around the world are turning to digital technologies. Digital solutions can enable Hotels to effectively provide a seamless customer experience along with driving sales and maximizing revenue. Coforge with its digital expertise and industry experience became the digital integration, implementation, and testing partner for the client enabling them to onboard complex third-party systems.
About the client
The client is a leading corporation based out of the USA and operates a chain of luxury hotels and casinos. They build loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, unbeatable gaming, hospitality and entertainment offerings, operational and technology excellence, and industry-leading corporate citizenship.
The client was looking to perform a Hotel System Transformation which would involve changing their IT landscape. This change would entail changing their call center booking application and its Hotel Management System. The client was making use of customized third-party products to enable their Digital Transformation and needed a transformation partner to facilitate integration, implementation, and testing.
- Understand their business and provide an effective approach towards digital integration and implementation
- Provide domain expertise for systems catering to various functions within a hotel such as booking, offer management, inventory management, property management, content management, loyalty, housekeeping, and employee management
- Enable quick and seamless integration
Coforge enabled the client to digitally integrate and implement two critical applications- A call center Booking Management system and a Hotel Management System.
Coforge ensured a smooth integration by focusing on testing middleware systems developed on Enterprise Service Bus along with developing, maintaining, and testing APIs. As a digital partner Coforge:-
- Was involved with understanding the business and IT landscape covering critical systems like the Hotel Management System, Casino Management System, Loyalty rewards and profile management, Content Management and Offer Management, Guest Relations and so on.
- Was responsible for testing the call center application used by hotel agents to perform booking on behalf of the hotel customers (Multiple hotels on the Vegas strip) and ensuring the call center application was integrated with the Hotel Management System, Casino Management System, and the Reservation Database
The booking flows covered individual and group bookings, customer profile management. Attractions and promotional Offers. Payment through credit cards as well as loyalty points. Coforge was responsible for testing the Hotel Management System which covered the following
- Guest Experience and Front Desk Management – including Check-In and Check Out
- Rates and Sales
Coforge was also involved with testing the Parking systems which included Driving License readers and were also linked to loyalty management. Business rules governing parking were based on local/out of town customers and loyal customers.
- Coforge performed User experience testing, automation, performance, and integration testing
- Coforge enabled Smart Automation and provided an analytics dashboard view of the results of the automation
- Created live dashboards for the key business stakeholders, allowing them to view the real-time impact of automation on costs and efforts, the dashboard enabled the key stakeholders to run automation cases on their own without the need for any prior technical expertise or know-how
Delivering more Value
- Quick and efficient understanding of the client's business and IT landscape enabled Coforge to take on even more responsibility
- Coforge with an engagement of over 3 years with the client saved on an average of more than 110 hrs of manual effort. In Gaming itself, the average saving of manual effort was more than 300hrs /month within a year of engagement.
- Enabled a smooth integration of the different systems being used within the hotel to ensure a seamless customer experience and improved efficiency