Airlines are under extreme pressure to process traffic documents, transform existing business processes, and find reliable partners to stay ahead of the competition. The client, a flagship carrier of Kazakhstan, was looking for a reliable partner to provide a new and enhanced integrated revenue accounting system to help monitor traffic efficiently, reduce revenue leakages, and maximize recovery in a timely manner. Coforge leveraged its capabilities to meet these objectives and enhance recoveries from fare audits. As a leading fare audit service provider, we delivered a user-friendly solution to the client with the value add of reducing manual effort and processing time.
About the Client
The flagship carrier of Kazakhstan operates scheduled domestic and international services to 64 destinations. The airline carries more than 3.24 million passengers per year and employs over 4000 employees. They had a fleet of 30 aircraft, which they expected to expand to 43 by the end of 2020.
The global airline industry has become extremely competitive. Carriers need systems that can help reduce manual effort and processing times, and improve efficiency while enhancing customer experiences.
The client realized that their team was spending a lot of effort on proration with no ability to issue Agency Debit Memos (ADMs) through the existing system. In addition, the current system had no way to load fare data, perform fare and tax audits and automatically enter flight schedules. In 2009, the client’s management team took a strategic decision to increase their revenue and traffic capabilities and to change their existing revenue accounting system.
Owing to our successful change management practices, transformational capabilities, proven expertise, and experience in implementing revenue accounting systems for various clients, Coforge was chosen as the strategic partner to revamp the client’s passenger revenue accounting systems.
Coforge was chosen as the fare audit service provider to implement MonaLisa, the user-friendly revenue accounting system. MonaLisa supported sales data management and processing, carried out fare and sales audits, and performed sales-based and fully automated sales proration. The solution also offered the ability to issue Agency Debit Memos (ADMs) and Agency Credit Memos (ACMs) through the revenue accounting system. It provided an interface with the Bill Settlement Plan (BSP) to facilitate bulk file uploading, ticket history and difference capability, and integration with General Ledger and UTR (Unearned Transportation Revenue) history. Some of the salient features of the solution included:
- Modular, scalable and integrated solution to expand operations
- Simple and easy-to-use system with comprehensive revenue accounting functionalities
- Comprehensive reporting tool
- Customized General Ledger interface
Delivering More Value
- More Responsiveness: We customized reports for the client, providing the data in real-time.
- More Exactitude: Coforge’ fare audit services minimized the risk of revenue losses and delay in the data processing. Our team of experts ensured better revenue flow for the client due to accurate billing and verification.
- More Efficiency: The efficiency of the staff increased and the airline was able to improve workflow processing, streamlining the functioning of various departments.