About the client
The client is one of the largest airports in the Middle East serving over 102 destinations, spanned across 56 countries. It is also one of the fastest-growing airport hubs globally offering services to 30 plus airlines.
The client wanted to create a smarter airport by digitally transforming its existing operations and desired an integration/implementation partner who
- Understood the challenges of providing uninterrupted and seamless operations at large airports
- Was richly experienced when it came to integrating various systems, products, infrastructure & services across business functions
- Integrate airport systems with multiple airlines and air traffic control systems
- Use Smart Technologies including Internet of Things (IoT) and Business Intelligence to ensure efficient smooth and proactive Airport operations
Coforge with its expertise in end-to-end system integration and airport operations management became the integration and implementation partner for the client. Coforge provided its services across the following business areas:-
- Airline operational information
- Booking information
- Check-in information
- Ancillary services
- Security & staff scheduling
- Immigration & Security
- Gate and stand allocation
- Air traffic management systems
The following services were delivered by Coforge:-
- Automated monitoring and measurement of various Service Quality KPI’s and SLA’s through comprehensive yet easy to use dashboards and reports
- Development & support of mobile, tablet, and desktop applications
- Enabled real-time monitoring of Passengers and flow at different touchpoints of the airport namely departure hall, check-in, immigration, Security, transfer security, arrival immigration, baggage areas
- Predictive analysis using already available data pertaining to peaks and troughs of passengers to optimize resources
- Measure the passenger counts, Passenger waiting (queuing) times, and processing times at various touchpoints.
- Real-time analytics on passenger wait times and other key parameters.
- Deliver end-to-end passenger journey which will help the airport deliver a fast, consistent, and secure experience to passengers.
- Managing data centers
- Integration of Microservices using APIs.
- Field support for uninterrupted operations as per the agreed SLA.
- Resource Augmentation for multiple technologies and business areas
- Infrastructure Management & Support
- Application Support and Maintenance for multiple applications across business functions
- Customization & integration of third party products
- Rapid development across the entire IT landscape covering critical systems
- Testing services covering multiple products and applications
Delivering more Value
Enabled proactive actions by different stakeholders through real-time inputs for cases involving disruptions, sudden passenger loads due to events, etc.
- Enhanced passenger experience by
- Increasing time in the retail area for shopping
- Reducing queuing time and processing time
- Implemented an Integrated, Managed World Class Airport Management Systems
- Increase in efficiency & resource optimization
- Improved forecasting and analytics