About the client
The client is a leading carrier in the world's largest international aviation market and the premier European carrier across the North Atlantic, transporting more than 40 million passengers a year. Coforge has been the strategic Digital Transformation partner for the second-largest airline in the United Kingdom, based on fleet size and passengers carried. We have been supporting and enabling the digital channels to ensure that the airline can provide a seamless experience for their passengers. We have worked in the following business areas – Digital Commerce, Mobile, Loyalty, and Contact Center among others.
- Improve sales through digital commerce, enhance digital presence
- Improve Customer Service through a consistent omnichannel experience
- Increase Ancillary Revenue through personalization
- Enhance the mobile channel
Enabling Emotionally, Empathetic Customer Experiences by incorporating hyper-personalization and hyper-contextualization using an omnichannel approach
We have been involved with multiple initiatives like:
- Defined the business and technology road map for omnichannel customer engagement
- Providing and enabling new and additional functionality like:
- Flight Selling - multicity, codeshare, fare classes,
- Manage My Booking
- Real-time APIs with multiple suppliers for Accommodation, Flight Bookings, Car Hire, Packages, Airport Parking, Payment Gateways, and more
- Flight Information
- Destination guides
- Supporting loyalty by:
- Enabling customers to maintain their individual/family account
- Enabling customers to claim their miles on-line. (both on the concerned airline as well as partner airlines)
- Enabling Airlines staff to discretionary enroll customers
- Exposing various web services to external as well as internal applications.
- Enabling the customer to redeem miles online
- Ancillary enablement like Holidays, baggage, and Seat Assignment.
- Time to time update of the online portal aligned with new features, content, and campaigns
- Developed ‘Content Integrity’ and ‘Real-Time Interaction Management’ delivering personalized campaigns and content via the e-commerce portal and contact centers
- At times of disruption, the website acts as a primary tool for communication with passengers in order to inform them of the latest updates as soon as updates are available from the operational team at airports.
- Complex enhancements/changes to the website need to be done to ensure personalized campaigns are in place on time preventing delays and penalties.
- Enabled the client to utilize the Pega Customer service framework to provide a single unified interface for customer service employees, addressing key customer service functions:
- The application helps provide a personalized experience to its customers by anticipating the customer needs and automating and providing intelligent guidance at each step of customer interaction.
- It enabled a 360 view of the customer, engaging all the channels - social, web, mobile, In-person, and phone.
- This in turn helps identify the next best action and provide sales and service recommendations to the contact center/website and design personalized marketing campaigns.
- Implementation of regulatory and compliance changes
- Streamlined the business operations for the airline’s Holidays division which was using the merchandising platform to enable dynamic packaging.
- Implemented state-of-the-art microservices architecture for the front-end channel site to further enhance its scalability and stability
- Automation of build, testing, and deployment-related process
- Implemented microservices Architecture pattern that gives the flexibility of scaling at the service level to address high volumes.
- Followed IT security standards and guiding principle
- Services are exposed to external channels via API gateway
- Architecture followed open standards with wide industry Acceptance
Delivering more Value
- Enabled the direct selling channels that generate over 4bn in annual revenue
- Mobile booking gross revenue increased by 100% in 6 months timeframe after project deployment
- No. of visits increased by 13% after the launch of mobile web
- 30% increase in bookings via the mobile channel and a 60% increase in mobile check-ins