The client was one of the leading destination airlines in the U.S. They worked with Coforge with the aim of creating a new-age digital experience for their customers. Coforge had extensive experience in delivering digital e-commerce solutions to the airline industry and was able to a develop and integrate multiple e-commerce solutions for the client.
About the client
The client was one of the leading destination airlines in the U.S., operating a fleet of over 40 aircraft and carrying over 10 million customers annually.
The client wanted to create a new-age digital experience for their customers by redefining their journey across various channels, devices, and touchpoints. The primary focus was on increasing ancillary revenues by introducing ‘hyper-personalization’ across customer touchpoints,thereby treating every customer as a ‘segment of one’.
The primary business goals to be achieved were:
- To increase ancillary revenues by gaining deep insights about the customers through analytics
- To ensure a seamless customer experience across channels, devices, and touchpoints.
- To ensure that the commercial website accommodates high traffic volumes and maintains secure information
- To improve time to market for the e-commerce platform
Coforge provided integration and implementation services to the client and focused on bringing an ‘emotionally empathetic experience’ to the client’s end customers.
Web and mobile e-commerce platforms were developed with a check-in functionality for kiosks providing hyper-personalization and a seamless experience to the customer across multiple touchpoints.
Coforge was able to introduce new-age features across various applications, like:
- Predictive search
- Enhanced and intuitive search filters
- User profile and history management
- Simplified checkout
- Responsive and eye catching UX
- An SEO friendly portal
Following is the list of activities undertaken by Coforge:
- Designed and developed the website on Sitecore CMS and .Net framework providing internationalization and localization aspects
- Designed and developed features to integrate within the e-commerce web and mobile applications
- Designed and developed features for applications providing check-in services at kiosks
- Designed and developed complex functionalities such as integration with Alipay and Global Collect payment system, Farelogix for ancillary pricing, co-branded card sign-up in the booking flow, travel insurance, trip planning, and monthly schedules
- Enabled shopping using Google ITA QPX version 8.1 for in-flight shopping
- Ensured quality assurance across services like baggage handling, business, and PSS upselling, adding/changing Miles, Codeshare check-in, etc.
- Technical and functional consultancy on PSS integration
- DevOps, Configuration and release management support
- Performance analysis, improvement and monitoring of the e-commerce platform across touchpoints
- Automated the complete business process for various booking flows
Delivering More Value
Coforge used a consultative approach to bring the following features and benefits to the client:
- 69% revenue from direct channels
- A personalized and seamless experience for users across platforms and touchpoints
- 4% increase in overall passenger revenue
- 5 % increase in ancillary revenues
The Coforge Advantage
With its extensive experience in delivering digital e-commerce solutions for over 50 airlines around the globe, Coforge was able to develop and integrate multiple e-commerce solutions for the client. This was done at a superior pace and agility compared to industry standards resulting in a rapid and smooth transition to markets.
With its expertise in providing an ‘emotionally empathetic experience’ to end customers at every point of their journey, Coforge was able to develop solutions that provide a hyper-personalized, seamless, and integrated experience across touchpoints.