SAP Solution Manager’s latest iteration is an excellent tool to help you get the most out of your SAP environment. It gives you seamless implementation, innovation, and operations that can help you to centralize, enhance, automate, and improve the management of the entire system landscape, thus reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Total Cost of Ownership is an estimate of all the direct and indirect costs involved in acquiring and operating a product or system over its lifetime. To measure the SAP operations efficiently and effectively, the Key Process Indicators (KPIs) required are:
- High quality of product and services
- Faster business decisions
- Maximized cost savings
- Ensuring business viability
- Drive the business innovation with simplicity by connecting people, devices, and business networks in real-time
Reducing Customer TCO in the Operation Phase
To reduce customer TCO in the operation phase, the SAP Solution Manager tool plays a critical role especially in monitoring, alerting, and analysis of the SAP solution. During this phase, some common questions that need to be addressed by the Business Process Manager or IT Manager are how to:
- monitor their E2E processes
- monitor the system performance
- understand critical business process deviations and RCA etc.
All the above questions are crucial when managing overall SAP application operation. The core capabilities of SAP Solution Manager for application operation are:
- Alert Management & Problem Routing
- Root Cause Analysis, Business Process Improvement
- Operation Automation.
To work on these core capabilities, several functionalities are available and integrated with each other that provide end-to-end transparency to customers for their system, database, integration, applications performance, and business processes.
SAP is continuously coming out with innovations in the SAP Solution Manager tool for the activities that are involved in the implementation and operational phase of SAP S/4 HANA projects (On-Prem. or Cloud or Hybrid).